Wednesday, January 13, 2010


Bailey Dyan Wiggins
Born Thursday, 11:35PM, August 31, 2001
4lbs. 4oz.
16 1/2 in. long

So this is where it all began.  Bailey was born at 32 weeks gestation...although this was not my first premature delivery.  Shelby, our now 11 year old, was born at 33 weeks and weighed less than Bailey.  As with most preemies, Bailey was sent immediately to the NICU.  That would be her home for the next 23 days, which felt more like 23 weeks to this mom who had to travel 1 1/2 hours to see her (one way) every day.

Shelby was 2 1/2 at the time.  She was so terribly excited to have a little sister!  We were living in Equality, AL where Michael (my husband) was a pastor at New Life Baptist Church.  We were happy to be growing our family.

Bailey's stay ended and we were finally able to go home and have a go at normality again.  The first few weeks of her life was quite normal...the usual newborn job.....sleep, eat, poop.  But little did I know that the next year would be so trying, confusing, and frustrating!

As I have said, I want this blog to lift up the name of Christ and give Him glory for the wonderful blessings in my life...but I will also admit right now, that for the first 3 years of Bailey's life, I failed miserably at this.  I will record all of that.  My mess ups, my bitterness, then switch gears to my repentance, my deliverance, and my thankfulness!

No comments:

Post a Comment