Friday, July 23, 2010

potty episode # 7,830,220,416

We are in what I feel will be a life long training session...in other words, I do not really feel confident that Bailey will ever be potty trained. This is especially true when she makes a mess and mommy has to clean it up.

It's Wednesday, I have given her a bath (whole other rant there!) and she is squeaky clean. She is wearing her big girl panties! woohoo! I get a bath, do my hair, get dressed, etc.. About 10 minutes before we leave for church I put her shoes on her. I ask her if she needs to go potty and do the little potty sign to go along with it. She shunned me, so I figured she'd be fine until we get to church.

I am in my room and I hear Michael say, "Mama...Bailey has a surprise for you!" Which, being interpreted means, "Bailey has pooped in her big girl panties....clean it up" (now don't get all grouchy with Michael...cleaning your 8 year daughter is not the same as cleaning a baby girl...a little uncomfortable for him...although he will and has done it if I'm unavailable...he's a super daddy...)

Ugh, the first thing I think of is, "Ugh, I'm already dressed! I'm gonna get all wrinkled and plus, I'm a big girl...and big girls sweat! Now my hair will have that sweaty look to it!"

I must tell you, there is no easy way to remove poo poo panties from a child who doesn't 'think' like we do or follow directions accordingly. Long story short.....20 minutes, poop up to my elbows, poop all over her legs, all over the toilet, 372 wet wipes and a dehydratedfromsweatingprof
uselymustputonsecondlayerofdeodorant mama later, we were all cleaned up and out the door to church!

No comments:

Post a Comment