Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I Wonder

When you wake up with that cheesy grin every morning, I wonder if you really are that excited that I am the first person you see each day.

When you are watching Barney, I wonder if that 2000 time repeated episode is like new to you each time you watch it.

When I brush your hair, I wonder if it really hurts or if you just scream because you don't like to be touched.

When you eat your cereal, I wonder which kind you would choose if you could talk.

When you go potty, I wonder if you really grasp what a big girl you have become.

When we try to mess with your feet, I wonder how much pain you are truly in with those twisted toes and crooked foot.

When you get in trouble, I wonder if you really understand why.

When you are chewing your favorite gum, I wonder why it has such a calming effect on you.

When I look you in the eyes, I wonder what you would say to me if you could talk.

When you are fussy, I wonder if maybe you have a belly ache or a headache that goes untreated.

When you laugh, I wonder if you know how much joy is spread like wild fire.

When you hold my hand, I wonder if it's because there is such a great connection between us.

When you fall asleep, I wonder what kind of dreams you have.

When you are in therapy, I wonder if you know what it's really all about.

When you are shuffling cards, I wonder what thoughts are going through your mind.

When you watch other kids play, I wonder if you are wishing you could do that too.

When Shelby and Brody ride their bikes, I wonder if you would like to join them.

When others make fun of you, I wonder if you grasp what is really going on.

I wonder

No comments:

Post a Comment