Thursday, April 22, 2010

Today Bailey's life skills class went on a field trip to Colbert Ranch in Bertram.  Shelby and I went along....after all, the class is only 4 students large.  I was glad to see that the principal also joined us!  So off we went.  Bailey's teacher bought them all cowboy hats (pink ones for the girls), but of course Bailey was gonna have no part of that!  She did, as they all did, agree to wear the bandana, though.

I went along to watch the kids have a great time, but I left having had a blast myself.  I was amazed at how much they enjoyed touching and riding the horses.  Bailey was the only one who did not want any part of it....although she did ride....reluctantly.  Bailey was actually the only one who really didn't seem interested in any of the events.  She certainly didn't enjoy the small hike.  She hates to walk on any uneven ground...and this was most definitely not even ground.  She was pooped...and so was the aid who was helping her out most of the way.

I took lots of pictures and video, but because I do not have parental permission, I could only upload the stuff of Bailey....but I wish you could've seen the looks on the kids' faces while riding the horses and while throwing rocks in the creek.  Shear joy is what it was!  Innocent, clear, unrestrained, pure joy!






No comments:

Post a Comment