Friday, March 5, 2010

I guess I will probably never know what triggers it.  It just happens.  Out of nowhere.
Scratching.  Spitting.  Screaming.  Wailing.  Kicking.  Flailing.  Throwing.  Hitting.

Bailey can become upset for what seems to be no reason at all.  She becomes angry and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it.  She lashes out at Shelby & Brody.  They try to ignore her, but that only fuels her fire.  She will draw blood if they are not quick enough to escape her clawing.

She slings herself to the floor. And she cries.  Loudly.  Without stop. 
Snot and slobber are ever present. 

I have tried everything in my power to calm this insane show of emotion.  I attempt to be sweet.  Offering to hold her.  Burn
I tell her to stop.  Burn
I try time out.  Burn
I remove her from the situation.  Burn
I offer her cards to shuffle or juicy fruit.  Burn

Spanking wouldn't help.  She will only get worse.

Luckily this usually only happens at home or at church, not in public places.  Usually, that is.  There have been times that she has shown this open display of tantrum for the whole world to view.

No comments:

Post a Comment