Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Needless to say, we changed medications.  She was put on Keppra.  For the next three years, things are fuzzy.  Dates are jumbled together.  I am not the most organized person, I should've been logging every little thing.  There is no excuse as to why I didn't, other than I was too busy tending to her and helping my husband in the ministry and taking care of Shelby and then getting pregnant again!  HEHEHEHE

I will say that she began to walk in July of 2004.  She was nearly three years old.  I have video of that one!  I am so glad that I do.  For a while she would march in place if not walking to a destination...she couldn't just stand stationary.  It was quite comical, actually.  And she walked with her arms in the air, like she was just praising the Lord!  And that is exactly what I was doing!

By this time, I was no longer angry with my situation.  Did I (do I) become frustrated at times? ABSOLUTELY!  But I know that the Lord made her the way He did so that her life could bring honor and glory to Him....which is what He deserves.  You wouldn't believe how Bailey's life has been used to open the door for me to brag on Christ  and what He has done in her life!

Let's see, some other things about Bailey during this time.....she became very aggressive.  She would lash out at everyone for no reason.  Usually scratching.  She would even  scratch herself.  She has a very high tolerancy for pain.  She even sat in an ant bed one time and was covered by the ants.  She had welts everywhere....and she was just sitting there...not making a noise.  Crazy!  She would bite her arms when mad.  Also, more 'autistic' qualities began to develop.  She's an arm flapper.  I've gotta get video posted on that one.  She also developed finger repititions, mouth quirks, card shuffling....she never played with real toys.  (for instance, just this morning before putting her on the bus I had to pry a cough drop wrapper from her hands that she's been holding since yesterday)  She also doesn't play with other kids...she likes to watch them...just doesn't play with them.  She's absolutely addicted to Barney!  My soul I don't even know how that happened, but I sure do hate it!  Barney is horrible.  I cannot....do you hear me?  Cannot stand him.  But when you have a child who is in her own world and the only thing that calms her is Barney, you learn to live it.  One good thing is that she adores Southern Gospel Music....actually, she would rather watch it...on DVD...Needless to say, we have an extensive selection of Gospel DVDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment